Shaunna Faye

Thursday, February 14, 2013

How does this work?

Let me break this down for you.

4:30-5:00AM - Abel wakes up to eat
5:30-6:00AM - Get ready while Abel watches Sesame Street
6:00-6:30AM - Get Martha out of bed and ready
6:30-6:45AM - Drive kids to wherever they need to go
6:45-7:30AM - Drive to work
7:30AM-4:00PM - Work
4:00-5:00PM - Drive home
5:30PM - Dinner
6:00-7:00PM - Play with the kids
7:00-7:30PM - Kids baths
8:00PM - Put Martha to bed
8:30PM - Feed Abel
9:00-9:30PM - Abel goes to bed
9:30-10:00PM - Pick up toys and straighten up house
10:00PM-4:30AM - Sleep

Look at that schedule. This is what happens Monday through Friday. Now when am I supposed to get ANYTHING ELSE DONE?
This is why we have cleaners.
This is why I do laundry on my "work from home" day once a week.
This is why the dishes aren't always done.
This is why I'm exhausted all the time.

I have a new project I'm starting on. Well, that I'd LIKE to start on. Something that allows me to be a little creative. To get this effort going, I need time. But when can I do anything when I don't get into bed until at least 10:00 every night? And do you see that up there? 6.5 hours of sleep. And that doesn't always happen eighter.

I need 27-30 hours in a day.

I need more time to sleep, more time to do fun things, more time to spend on projects, more time for everything.

(If you're wondering where Chris is in that schedule, he's the one waking up at 4:00AM, picking up the kids in the afternoon, making the dinner, helping with one kid while I'm helping the other, and trying to get in bed by 9:00 so he's not exhausted too.)

How am I supposed to function like this?

1 Comments:

At 6:57 AM , Blogger Heather Mayberry said...

it does get easier, I promise!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home