Shaunna Faye

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Technology. What did you grow up with?

Remember Prodigy? I don't remember exactly what it was, but as far as I know, it was some sort of internet-ish type of thing. I just remember dialing up to it from our house in Hermitage. I couldn't have been more than 7 years old.

I get so frustrated at work with particular *ahem* "older" people and their lack of technology understanding. I'm no tech geek by any means, which makes it even more annoying that the things I find to be so simple, are so not simple for them. "Them" being people that didn't grow up being able to use the internet for school project research. Encyclopedia? What's that?

Clicking on a link in an email shouldn't be a task that requires explaining. Yet, sometimes it has to be explained...and in great detail...and explained again because they couldn't hear what you said the first two times. All the while I'm sitting at my desk with steam coming out of my ears because, really, how can you not know what to do with a link in an email? Come on!

Anyway, I am proud of the people from older generations that make an effort to at least know the basics of what to do on the computer. I find that if they would just sit down and figure out a few things, everything else will fall into place. Honestly, it's really not confusing. Even iPhones aren't confusing. I promise. Then again, I come from a generation that has had technology at our fingertips for the majority of our lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home