Shaunna Faye

Thursday, February 05, 2009

And the rain came down, and blew the four walls down...

Totally just quoted Big Tent Revival.

Well, my luck really just keeps getting better and better. I'm obviously kidding. The water was turned on for the house inspection. The hallway bathroom proceeded to flood. No one saw it flooding though, so we don't know where the leak is coming from. This was a few days ago. The contractors were supposed to go over there today to check it out, but you know how contractors are.

So, the inspection was canceled until the problem is fixed. This is the VERY LAST THING that needs to be done before closing.

Unless something else screws up (which I'm totally expecting to happen, just because it's really been that kind of experience for me) then after the leak is fixed and the inspection is passed, we're good to go for closing on the 27th.

This all comes at a fantastic time where I'm really at my wit's end living in this chaos. People everywhere, tripping over animals. I basically have been locking myself in my bedroom the past few weeks. At least that way I can pretend that there aren't dogs chasing cats and my brother and sister-in-law arguing over chicken.

I just realized that I grew up with 5 people in this house. There are only 6 right now. Why is it so different?

3 Comments:

At 6:50 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

Beacuse mom and dad had authority and control. We had bedtimes, and we all had somewhere to go in the morning. We also had one dog and one cat.

Two adults and three (well behaved) children are waaaaaay different than six independent-minded adults.

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

Oh, and I'm sorry Kimberly and I argued about the chicken.

 
At 5:02 PM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

Mmmm...true.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home