Shaunna Faye

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The race is on and here comes pride in the backstretch.

I've been in contact recently with the Attorneys that I used to work for. They've all happily agreed to be listed as references for me in my current job search. One of them even has her own firm now and said that if she was hiring she would ask me to come in for an interview. I told her to keep me in mind and that I'll be at my current job until I find a position at another law firm.

With a paralegal certificate and a few years under my belt, I will hopefully be able to snag a job making at least $8K more than I'm making now. And with a few more years of experience, I'd easily be able to make at least $10k more than that.

I'm kind of excited about getting back into the legal side of things. Technically, I work with legal documents every day right now. And it doesn't hurt that I can list that company on my resume. A lot of firms actually use that company for information.

I'm hoping to get my paralegal certificate from KSU just as soon as I figure out how to come up with the $3k that it costs. Unfortunately, HOPE doesn't cover it.

Anyway...

As of Friday I will officially be a MAC user. My laptop has been slowly going to crap for a while now. A few days ago it got another virus. One that will not let me open anything. Not the internet, not a document, nothing. So, I'm currently using Chris's MAC for my interneting needs. This means that I've had to ask him a lot of "How do you..." questions. Learning to use a MAC is pretty easy so far. You just have to have someone around to ask questions. Like, instead of control+c for copy, you do command+c.

The deal is - Chris's work bought him the new iPhone. BUT - Chris had already bought himself the new iPhone. Chris's friend Zach wants the new iPhone. Zach also wants to upgrade to a new laptop. So, Chris traded his iPhone for Zach's old laptop, which is almost the same computer that Chris has (that I'm on right now). As soon as Zach's new computer gets delivered on Friday and he transfers all his stuff over to it, they'll make the trade and I'll have a computer of my own again. And everybody's happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home