Shaunna Faye

Monday, May 24, 2010

5 weeks

Baby girl is getting her days and nights mixed up. This will not be ok when I go back to work in 3 weeks. She will usually sleep half the night just fine, but then after a feeding she's wide awake and wants to hang out. Bleh.

Reagan needs a new home. I wasn't 100% sure if I wanted to start looking for her a new family until today. Reagan was literally 1/4 inch away from clawing Martha in the eye a few hours ago. Luckily, Martha is a trouper and it didn't even phase her that she just got her face stepped on my a dog, but it scared the poo out of me! I added the mark on her face to the scratch she got on her head from Reagan when she was 2 weeks old and decided that this is just not going to work for me. It was a nice idea having a fun dog around for Martha to grow up with and all that jazz, but the dangers of a clumsy and hyper puppy mixed with a newborn baby are just too much for this new mom to handle. So, I'll go ahead and say it...I was wrong. We should not have gotten a puppy. I learned my lesson. It won't happen again. I put an ad on Craigslist 10 minutes after Martha almost lost her eye today. We'll see how that goes.

Chunky is 9 pounds and 4 ounces at 5 weeks. It's average, but her cheeks say otherwise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home