Shaunna Faye

Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Good People

It's hard to write this and focus. This is a subject that's hard to gather all my thoughts on and put into an organized manner. I'm really just going to touch base on one thought in particular.

When my friend's Dad died shortly after we graduated high school, I remember her questioning...If there is a God and He is so good, why does He let bad things happen to good people? I think at that point in my life I believed that everything happened for a reason. Maybe to bring someone closer to God? Maybe to prove a point? To show a purpose? To make someone stronger?

I've known 3 couples to lose their child(ren) recently. 4 babies over the past year and a half, to be exact. That's too many. 1 is too many. So what is the purpose of a parent losing their child before they even get to know them? That's the first on my list of things I want to ask God when I see him someday.

As always, you never know what's the best thing to say to a mourning mother and father. Everyone always gives the typical lines.

I'm so sorry.
This is all a part of His will.
I am thinking and praying for your family.
Praying for peace. You're so strong.

My thoughts have changed on things now. I feel like sometimes shit just happens. And there's no reason. Bad stuff happens to good people all the time. They don't deserve it, they didn't do anything wrong, it just happens. And it's not fair.

Kelli and I were talking about it this morning (it's been the topic of conversation for us the past several days considering the most recent death is looming as soon as the parents take him off life support) and neither of us understand. There are some really crappy people out there that are crappy parents to kids. But these people that lose their children would have been amazing parents to the child that they now have to mourn.

It's just shitty.
And I want answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home