Shaunna Faye

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Easy and Lucy

I brought my laptop outside for this one. "So you know it's good..."

It is so beautiful outside right now. And so quiet. Something that I haven't had a lot of lately. I don't know why. Chris has caught me a few times recently sitting in my car in the driveway for a few minutes after I get home from work. It's nice just to sit and enjoy no noise. He thinks it's weird.

Anyway.

David and Tanya had their babies today. It was awesome. We were there with all of their families (and Kelli and a few other close friends) in the waiting room for the news. They didn't find out the sex of the babies before, so it was a surprise for everyone. David posted a picture on Facebook of Brandon and Brenda from 90210 to share the news that it was a boy and a girl. So clever, that one.

Ezekiel Rogers Gordon and Lucy Mayrice Gordon are their names. The boy will be going by Easy. So cute. Lucy is named after David's grandmother, who was also there waiting with everyone. She didn't know that they were going to name her Lucy, so she got really emotional when he told her. Her crying made everyone else cry and it was awesome. Watching David's mom be so excited about everything was adorable. When David posted the picture on Facebook of Brandon and Brenda and we all knew that the babies were officially born, I watched David's mom give David's dad a big, long hug over to the side away from everyone with tears in her eyes. She was so proud.

Even though all we were doing was sitting and waiting, I'm glad we got to be a part of the group that was there. You could tell it was only people that were really close with David and Tanya and I'm happy to be included in that.

I know I will get to see these babies grow up their entire lives and I can't wait!

Today was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home