Shaunna Faye

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby #2

We officially announced to all of the facebook world on Tuesday that I'm pregnant with baby #2. We waited until after my first ultrasound at 8 weeks just to be sure everything looked good. Several people knew before then. Just family and a few close friends though. This dude (and I say "dude" because I feel 99% sure it's a boy) has been MUCH easier on me than Martha was. I've been a tolerable amount of sick. It's still every single day, but it's not to the point of feeling like I actually have to throw up most of the time. With Martha, I felt constantly up until 24 weeks that I could puke at any moment. This time I've been pretty good. Chris will attest that I've been cranky but that's to be expected when you're going on 2 straight weeks of not feeling well.

I want to record all this stuff so if/when I have another baby in the future I can come back and compare again. Apparently when I wrote this stuff down for Martha I didn't ever say how far along I was at what point and who wants to go back and do that math? Not me.

So, this time I started feeling sick at about 6 and a half weeks. It mostly starts mid-morning and goes through until I go to bed. I haven't thrown up. Only gagged once. Only had to take something for the nausea twice. Cold beverages or fruit help. And ice cold coca cola.

Had the first ultrasound at 8 weeks and 2 days. They said the baby was right on track. We got to hear the heartbeat and got some pictures. There's a cyst on my left ovary, but I had one with Martha too and it went away. They're going to check on it at my next apt. at 13 weeks to make sure it's shrinking. They'll be doing the down syndrome check (they just look at the shape of the neck and nose) at that apt. too. And doing some blood work.

My doctor's office does gender determination ultrasounds at 16 weeks now, but it's 75 bucks. I think we paid less than that at the 3D place last time, so we might just do that again. I could just be patient and wait until 20 weeks like normal people, but that's just not going to happen.

I started craving milk again, but that only lasted about a week. My ice cream craving lasted about a week. Now I crave egg rolls and coke. I'm sure a new craving will come along soon.

Although I'm not nearly as sick this time around, I'd super duper love it if this will end at a normal time, which according to people with regular pregnancies is between 12-16 weeks. So, we'll see...

Because I was overweight before I got knocked up, I'm looking pregnant already. I'm taking that as an indication that I'm going to be huge again by the end of this whole thing.

I've already got nursery ideas in my head and on my pinterest. I'll get started on all that after we find out that it's a boy. You guys, I'm really THAT sure it's a boy.

We've been talking to Martha about being a big sister. She seems pretty stoked. I think she sort of understands it. She knows there's a baby in my belly and that she can help with the new baby when he's here. She's such a good "mommy" to her baby dolls I know she's going to be the best big sister ever. I'm probably going to get a few books about being a big sister for her to get into. And once my belly starts getting much bigger, maybe she'll remember on a daily basis that there's something in there.

Ok, so here's the dude:

2 Comments:

At 10:33 AM , Blogger Lily Dawn said...

I was convinced this was a girl until the ultrasound lady said she guesses it's a boy... Now I don't know what to think. You are smart to keep up with the details- I wish I had kept up with the early stuff more with each pregnancy. It is hard to remember- especially the more you have :)

 
At 6:03 AM , Blogger Heather Mayberry said...

so glad this is public now. i am so happy for y'all! i knew that ava was a boy (we didn't want to know) but when i had an ultrasound a week before she was born because of complications, we found out. i was genuinely surprised. i hope you have a boy! martha is precious and she will be an awesome big sister!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home