Shaunna Faye

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Kitchen is done, dude.

Praise Jesus! The kitchen makeover is done! Well, mostly. There's a few small touches here and there that I'll get to over time, but I'd say it's 99.2% done.

Here's some before and after photos to commemorate the most annoying week and a half of my life.

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After

Before

After - Coat rack for big kids and small kids.

Faux tin backsplash. Was very easy to put up and I LOVE how it looks.

I made the curtains, but I think I need to hem them a little bit. They're a tad long, but I was just done sewing last night so I'll have to fix them another time.

I got this table thing at Goodwill for $30. I roughed it up and painted the top black. It's perfect to holding hats, gloves, and Martha's shoes...and I'm sure whatever other junk we end up piling in there. We've already faced a challenge though. The sides are wicker, which the cats love to scratch on. Freaking A.

From start to finish it took about a week and a half. That's cleaning, sanding, and painting all the cabinets, priming and painting the walls, installing the bead board, making and installing the coat racks, installing the backsplash, dying and hanging curtains, sewing and hanging other curtains, and fixing up the new table.

I love the end product, but man, it took a lot of time and effort. If I had to do it all again, I'd pay someone to paint the cabinets for us. But that's a lot of money that we didn't have. It probably would have been much easier if the cabinets weren't so built up with grease and dirt.

Anyway, this is the last home improvement project that I'll be doing for a while. It wore me out. I can't even look at DIY things on Pinterest right now because it makes me want to puke.

Can I pay someone to come paint my living room and dining area?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home