Shaunna Faye

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

You better shop and eat and procreate

"You better shop and eat and procreate
You got vacation days then you might escape
To a condo on the coast"

So, my HSG hurt like a mother, but was all clear. Nothing left to do now but try the Clomid. I start my first round of 50 mg next week. I’ve been warned about the “Clomid Crazies” and have done my duty to alert Chris so he’s not surprised when I may or may not flip out. I’m hoping since it’s a low dose that I’ll bypass most of the side effects, but you never know.

The plan of action is to start out low, if it doesn’t work the first month, boost dosage to 100 mg the second month, and then up to 150 mg the third month if necessary. I’m trying not to get too hopeful. I know that Clomid isn’t a life saver. It may take several months or it may not work at all. I’m keeping my expectations realistic as to not be disappointed. I talked to Melissa Beck (from The Real World, New Orleans) yesterday about her trouble getting preggers. She was so sweet, told me it’s ok to get upset, and that it’ll happen, just to be patient. Only took her 4 months to get knocked up, but she was very open about it on her blog. Do I sound like one of those crazy “ttc” people that goes on message boards and uses abbreviations like “DH” for “Dear Husband?” Godddddddddddddd.

In addition to the Clomid, I’ve taken action to reduce my stress. I’m taking breaks at work now, trying not to let bad drivers get my heart rate up, etc. I usually let these things flow naturally which ends up getting me stressed out. I’m making lists and trying not to worry about the little things. I really want my body as calm as possible. It’s ridiculous how much stress can take a toll on your fertility.

Also, Chris is not going to be drinking any alcohol after this weekend (we have 2 weddings to go to) and up until I give him the OK. Again, alcohol has an effect on fertility. I already don’t drink but maybe 2 beers a month anyway, so I’m good in that area.

One of these days I’ll stop talking about babies. I can’t promise it’ll be any time soon though. Deal with it.

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM , Blogger Lily said...

That's so funny, i remember going on those baby boards and I had no idea what the crap DH was... I had to google it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home