Shaunna Faye

Thursday, June 04, 2009

The things we go through...

Daniel and Kimberly, of all people, can relate to the frustrations of fertility issues. I've had doctor appointments, blood tests, more blood tests, ultrasounds, and now some other scan that I don't remember the name of where they cause me a lot of pain. I'm just saying...I didn't want a balloon inflated in my uterus this morning. Or ever, for that matter. Ouch.

After all this hoopla they tell me "Nothing is wrong with you." That's good and bad. Good that there is nothing visibly preventing me from getting pregnant now or later. Bad because if there's no problem, there's nothing to fix.

I talk to the doctor either tomorrow or Monday about the next step. Is there a way that I can subliminally slip "Clomid" in the next time I speak with my doctor? As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing left to do other than give me the clomid. You'd think we could get this ball rolling.

I wonder if doctors secretly love making their patients wait and wait and wait.

Aaaaaaanyway....Chris and I are taking a much needed vacation next weekend. We're going down to Tybee Island for a couple of days and I will soak up the sun like you've never seen before. In preparation of this, I'll be tanning Saturday either from my patio or whatever random apartment complex pool I find that doesn't have a locked gate.

3 Comments:

At 4:51 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

You realize, don't you, that you live about ten minutes from my in-laws, and that you have full access to a pool any time you want it. Kimberly and Cohen are usually there around 11:30 or 12:00.

 
At 8:28 AM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

Yes, I know, but I figured there might be a lot of people there on Saturday between ya'll, Kristen and Andy and kids, Christopher and his friends, and whoever else. I did think about that though, and I might see if Mom wants to go over there with me on Saturday. And maybe you guys can join us when hockey is over.

 
At 10:55 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

If you come before 12 or 1 on a Saturday, you'll only have Kimberly and Kristen there (and the kids). Later is when I (and sometimes Andy) show up. Kristopher and his friends are too cool to swim with us.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home