Shaunna Faye

Monday, August 03, 2009

I'm probably being judgmental.

I belong to a message board for people trying to conceive. The profiles range from people that have been married for several years to people that are trying to get knocked up so they can be a pregnant bride. (Yeah, I thought it was silly too.)

And then there are people like this. 19 years old. Really freaking trying to get a bun in the oven, but might want to re-take a few grammar classes instead.

A few quotes:

"I can't talk to no one in my family because..."
"...but I'm at the point now where what she says don't even matter anymore."
"He don't even have contact with her because..."
"Shouldn't no 19 yr old have to go thru this type of changes."

I can see it now. This girl has a baby who grows up thinking double negatives are legit.

How can anyone think that is the correct way to speak? I'm really struggling with this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home