Shaunna Faye

Friday, September 18, 2009

Baby!



There it is. Glorious!

It doesn't show it in the picture, but there are actually two sacs. One is empty though. The Dr. said it was probably a vanishing twin. So, no twins this time (which Chris is bummed about) but we have one healthy baby with a heart rate of 171 beats per minute. She said the empty sac will just be absorbed and won't be a problem.

There's also a small cyst on my right ovary, but it's very small and they expect it to go away on it's own. That's just a normal side effect of Clomid. Well, both things are....the twins and the cyst.

I'm kind of relieved there's just one baby. I'd love to have twins, but I wouldn't love to carry twins. So, one baby is A-OK with me. Chris can be bummed all her wants - he's not the one that has to grow them inside of his body and carry all that weight.

Anyway, everything looks good. I'll be going back in 4 weeks, as expected.
Yay!!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:59 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

At first we were a little bummed about ours not being twins, either (granted, we were grateful for anything). Then about a week after Cohen was born, we were INCREDIBLY thankful that it was not twins...don't know if we would have been able to handle that.

 
At 12:22 PM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

I agree. I don't want to put my body or my wallet through that at this point in my life. Maybe in the future I'd be ok with it, but just not right now. So, we're thankful as well.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home