Shaunna Faye

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Screw you, screw.

So, we bought a new doorknob for the door that goes out to the garage. The other one officially broke. Unfixable. So, I bought the doorknob and dead bolt to go with it. Got it home. Started putting it on. Well, now one of the screws is stuck, stripped as all get out. (Most likely the screw was in the wrong screw hole - shorter screw needed to go there - but it was too late before I realized it.)

And don't even get me started with how totally jacked up and old that door and door frame is anyway. I took the metal plate off that's around the deadbolt and the wood under there is completely rotting off. And the door frame is splitting in about 3 billion places. So ridiculous.

So, the screw is 100% stuck in the wrong place. We tried all the tricks in the book to get it out. We even went and got, as a last resort, one of those stripped screw removal kit things. I've just spent about an hour and a half working on it and only managed to get about 2 full turns unscrewed. It's just not budging.

So, in my frustration, I left a note for Chris (he's out with friends tonight and won't be home until I'm in bed) that says "I GIVE UP!!! The door is now your responsability. I'm stressing myself out!"

I hope that screw dies a horrible death and goes to screw hell.

Now I have to go do homework, there are 3 loads of laundry that need to be done, we haven't vacuumed in about a month, and I just threw Turtle about 10 feet down the hallway for pissing me off.

I kinda just want to cry.

1 Comments:

At 5:24 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

But you have those sweet new crocs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home