Shaunna Faye

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Blog

I read a lot of blogs. Like, a lot a lot.
I've just started reading this one and LOVE what this also preggers woman had to say about the experince...

"I love myself an optimistic confident woman, but I do not love pregnancy....i think it was designed to keep a girl humble. I consider it my bodily donation to take on the single most honorable venture there is in this life. And despite the more socially responsible coping techniques that exist, the best way i can think to survive pregnancy (and sometimes just straight up motherhood) is to laugh at how ridiculous it can be.

This way, instead of pretending my third trimester double chin is glorious (or worse....not there) I rest assured that since not permanent, it is simply more hilarious than tragic."

You can read her blog here:
Team Boo

Some things:

1 - I looked down at my stomach today and tried to picture Martha in there. It made my heart rate dramatically increase, cause it's just that weird that a baby is in there. A real, actual, baby, that will someday be as big and old as I am.

2 - I watch those baby shows all the time (A Baby Story, Birth Day, etc.) and see how different women can be in the act of labor. I'm REALLY interested to see how I'll do under the pressure. Moreso, I'm interested to see how Chris will do. I'm thinking he'll do the nervous messing with his hair thing that he did on our first date.

3 - Is it strange that I can totally and totally not see myself being a mom both at the same time? I feel like when I get to take Martha home I will think, "I can't believe I actually have a child and I'm responsible for raising her" but also 100% step up to the plate and know what to do. I'm not worried...I know I will know what to do, but just the shock of being with this baby and knowing she's half Chris and half me and everything is up to us...I mean, isn't that just the craziest thing you've ever heard in your life?

3 Comments:

At 6:43 PM , Blogger kimberly dorris said...

Pregnancy is quite funny! I watched all those crazy baby shows too and came to the conclusion that any woman who opts out of an epideral and goes through the birthing process all natural and screaming with pain is crazy. As for the laboring business, Chris will be fine! The fact that Daniel made it through Cohen's birth without dry heaving still amazes me to this day! Men seem to step up to the plate when a nurse tells them to grab a leg and tell their wife to push!

 
At 6:55 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

True story. All of the uneasiness or nervousness or queasiness of the actual birthing process goes right out the window (at least for the dad...or...at least for me). The only weird feeling or thought I had at all was "I'm looking at my wife's vagina...in front of her mom...and my mom." That feeling passed after about 2 minutes, though.

 
At 10:58 AM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

Ewwwwwwww.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home