Shaunna Faye

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

#1

There's this writing prompt thingy going around called 30 Days of Truth. Basically there's a list of 30 things that for 30 days you write about. I've seen that a lot of people are already done or on day 10, at least, but I'm just going to start from the top and take it from there.

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself.

Wow. I guess I'm really just jumping right in here with a tough one from the get-go. Something I hate about myself? I hate that I can't be affectionate. It's not that I can't be affectionate, I just REALLY hate it. It's something that I would literally have to make myself do. It doesn't come naturally. And even if I made myself be affectionate every single day, I don't know that I would ever get used to it. It's like trying to teach yourself to like the taste of beets or something.

What? So because I'm a girl I'm supposed to be mushy and lovey and want to spoon with my husband? That's not me. I can't say that it will ever be me. It's not easy for me, but I really wish it was. When I say "affectionate" though, I mean in a romantic way. Not like be showing affection to Martha. I could do that all day long. That's easy. I've just never been the cuddly type when it came to dudes. Chris hates it. I hate it because Chris hates it. Things would just be a lot easier if I could casually hug and hold hands and kiss as if it were no big deal. So, there's that.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 AM , Blogger Dad said...

You get it honestly.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home