Shaunna Faye

Friday, April 06, 2012

Birthday Antiquing and Hiccups

Chris planned a whole surprise day for us to celebrate my birthday. We both took off work yesterday (my actual birthday is Saturday) and he finally told me over the most amazing breakfast at Mimi's Cafe what we would be doing the rest of the day. Antiquing!

We went to Athens and hit up about 4-5 places. Had lunch at Trappeze. Did so much walking, but I had lots of water and Poweraide so my hands wouldn't swell. I ended up having to take my ring off, but the swelling wasn't too bad.

I had a budget of $200 that Chris had saved and the $120 that I had saved. I only ended up spending about $150 I think. Got some cute new things that I'll be using in the new baby's room (a hippo print to frame and hang and really old Coca Cola and 7-Up wood crates), a silver 3 tiered stand that you can put cupcakes or whatever you want on, a cabinet with tin in the doors for the kitchen or bathroom, and some vintage airplane pajamas for Martha. Pretty good stuff. Oh, and Chris found an awesome World Series Braves shirt for only $5.

I'll start looking for an antique dresser to use as a changing table in the baby's room as soon as I have saved up about $300 for it. I want a good one, so I'll have to spend a little more on it. I'll hit up more antique malls as soon as the room is ready for it.

I googled hiccups in pregnancy because I had this problem with Martha too. Not where the baby gets hiccups, but where I'll have a random 1 or 2 really loud and strong hiccups randomly throughout the day. Thankfully, I'm not the only one. No one ever really said what causes it but the best guess I found was that the diaphragm is being softened by the relaxin in your body causing the random hiccups. Makes sense.

Still feeling nauseous, but mostly in the evenings now. It's the worst around 5:00 PM which is terrible timing because that's when I get home from work and have to pay attention to Martha and bath time and dinner time and bed time. At least I've been able to go to bed around 8:00-9:00 to get a lot of rest. I did have to leave work early a few days ago because I was on the verge of puking, but that was a fluke incident. I went home, ate some cereal, slept for 2 hours and I felt much better.

I'm so excited for the Easter Egg hunt on Saturday and getting to spend some time with my family!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home