Shaunna Faye

Monday, March 02, 2009

There goes our plan....right down the toilet...

....and through our new sewage line that costs an arm and a leg.

I won't go into detail about the horrible event that happened with our house this weekend. But if you're interested in knowing, you can visit Daniel's blog here:

http://danieldorris.blogspot.com

What I will say about it is that the plans that Chris and I had for paying off debt with our tax refund is gone. And now we've had to add more debt to the pile. It makes my stomach hurt just thinking about it.

So far, I haven't gotten to enjoy my home. We've had to sleep in the guest room both nights, now our dishwasher is acting up, and I just can't get the knot out of my stomach because I'm constantly thinking about this GINORMOUS amount of money that we just had to borrow from my Dad so we're able to flush the toilet and take showers.

To make myself feel better, I'm going to list good things that have happened. Maybe as time goes by, boxes are unpacked, cable is hooked up, and I'm able to sleep in my own bed, the knot will get smaller and smaller.

Ok, good things:

1. The cable and internet are getting hooked up tomorrow.
2. The couch is being delivered tomorrow.
3. I'm finally caught up with school, so that's not stressing me out.
4. There's only two of us using dishes, so even though the dishwasher is jacked up, there aren't many dishes to wash by hand.
5. We don't have money to buy a washer and dryer anymore, but we do have a free place to go and do laundry when we need to.
6. We don't have money to buy a desk for me to do school work on anymore, but I have a kitchen table that I can use.
7. It didn't rain while we were moving. It was a bit wet, but nothing got damp or damaged.
8. I didn't have to scrape ice and snow off of my windshield this morning because I'm lucky enough to have a garage to park in.
9. The plumbing fiasco happened BEFORE we got our tax refund and spent it all. So instead of owing my Dad $6900, now we really only owe him $3400.
10. I own a house. Even though terrible things have happened that have put Chris and I back into debt, we still have this entire house to ourselves. And for that, I'm thankful.


I know this will all pass, and this wasn't the absolute worst thing to happen. It just sucks that Chris and I are set back again. So now we'll just alter our plans and work it out.

1 Comments:

At 6:27 PM , Blogger noni said...

Shaunna, I'm sure you'll be surprised to get a comment from me on your blog. (my) hyis has encouraged mr to keep up with my Grands by reading their blogs.I find it very interesting. I hope you don't mind. First I want to say Happy Birthday tomorrow. Don't celebrate too much. Remember you are OLD now. I will be sending your birthday card to your moms, I don't know your address.Then I want to say everyone has times in their lives when they didn't use good judgement,and they would like to erase those memories,but those memories are there for a reason. If we didn't have memories we might continue making the same mistake over and over again. I'm so glad you have Chris as your partner. I think you are very compatable. It makes me happy to see you and Chris together,you seem so happy. I love you both very much. Have a great birthday. Study hard, it will pay in the end. Love you much Noni

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home