Shaunna Faye

Monday, August 10, 2009

Couple dating.

I never know where I go wrong with people. Someone I've known for at least 6 years now is getting married and I've been left out. No save the date, no shower invitation, nothing. And at first I thought "Ok, I haven't been close with this person for several years so that's understandable" which made me feel better about not being invited to witness their special day, but then I see pictures and hear about other people invited that seem to be in the same boat as me. So, why? Why were Chris and I the ones chosen to have to sit this one out instead of any of these other people? Did we do something? Did we not do something? I still see this person on a fairly regular basis. We speak when we see each other. I'm just so confused. And I'm really trying to not be hurt by it, but it's not easy.

And it doesn't help that I have this want and need to be more involved with married people so I can have someone to relate to. I'm not dissing my current friends; there's just a really huge difference in lifestyle which doesn't make conversation as easy as it used to be.

I'd love to call this person and his fiance up and invite them to go on a double date, but I'm making myself wait until after their wedding as to not make anything weird.

I've asked another couple to hang out too, but got the brush off. And just a few days ago tried again with a different couple, which may or may not actually happen.

Man, rejection hurts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home