Shaunna Faye

Monday, November 23, 2009

Bows and Pink and Ruffles

Wellllllll, it's a girl. I think anyone who reads my blog already knows this by now. I, really, 100%, knew it was a girl. Chris wasn't surprised either. Kelli and my Mom came with us for the 3D ultrasound and I'm glad they got to be there to hear it at the same time that we did. All I really could say was "I knew it!"

Since then, I think Chris has really grown into the idea of having a little girl. I've bought a few cute things (bloomers with a flower on the butt, pretty Gap onesie, and red polka dot hat for summer time) and I think he's really looking forward to seeing a little girl in cute outfits. Plus, he's so lovey-dovey all the time, I think only a girl would appreciate all the hugs and kisses he's going to give them.

Before we knew the sex of the baby, we'd picked out some bedding options. I started sorting through them again after Saturday and decided that none of them would do. We started the search all over again and I really couldn't find anything that I liked. Everything was either too pink/green or pink/brown, or not enough of a girl color. We nixed the characted theme idea and decided to just to a color/design theme. We finally found a bedding set that we loved and Chris made me buy it before I could change my mind again. So, it's purchased and should be arriving in about a week. Now, if only I could get the room cleaned out...

Yes, I know I have plenty of time to get things together, but it's really driving me crazy that I just have boxes of things sitting around that need to be put away in the garage and even more things that need to be boxed up or thrown away.

So anyway, Martha Faye Turner is her name. Pretty sure everyone already knows that info too.

I am fully aware that not a whole lot of people like the name Martha. I also fully don't care. That's one of the wonderful things about this being MY CHILD. I get to pick the name and you have to deal with it. Booya.

1 Comments:

At 7:14 AM , Blogger Dad said...

Take it from a Dad who knows, little daughter hugs are the best. It makes me very happy and more than a little proud to see my baby girl all grown up and starting her own family. And I'm so looking forward to some granddaughter hugs... not sure yet, but they might even be better than daughter hugs.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home