Shaunna Faye

Friday, November 20, 2009

Ring

It's been a few weeks since I've attempted to take off my wedding ring. Last time I tried, it was close, but I got it off.

Today, I looked down at my finger and noticed my ring looked particularly tight. I tried to pull it off and came nowhere near succeeding. Sausage fingers! One of the many terrible things about pregnancy. Your fingers get fat and swollen. I remember seeing pictures of my mom when she was pregnant and she wasn't wearing her wedding band. I have a feeling this will be me...

So, in my panic stricken moment of "they're going to have to cut this thing off of me!" I globbed some lotion on my finger and almost pulled the thing out of joint trying to get my ring off. But, I succeeded! Barely.

I put my ring in a safe place until I can get home and now I'm trying to figure out if I should get a fake ring to last me through these next few months, or let people look at my hand, then my belly, and judge. Trust me - this happens. I'm not making it up.

Ebay has offered me options. I'm considering it, if only to keep the judgers away. Plus, I don't need people at work thinking my husband and I split or something. Trust me - this would also happen.

Some people...

2 Comments:

At 6:36 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

I would've never pegged you as someone who would care whether people judged you or not.

 
At 5:19 PM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

Yes, but I've been judged before for that very reason and I just would rather avoid it this time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home