Shaunna Faye

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Well hot damn!

My follow-up doctor's appointment this morning was....interesting.

Martha refuses to let the ultrasound tech see her face. It's just not going to happen. There was lots of shaking my belly around to get her to cooperate, but nope. Nothing. She did let us see her heart today though and all 4 chambers are beating perfectly. No problems there, thank goodness.

The medical assistant lady checked my blood pressure and it was an amazing normal number of 120/70. That's in the "perfectly normal" range. A big difference from my 140/80 just two weeks ago. I'm happy about it, but skeptical.

Then I saw the nurse practitioner, which usually I like, but this woman was terrible. I'm convinced that she didn't look at my chart AT ALL because all she did was listen to the baby's heartbeat and then hand me my check-out papers. I had to ask her about my pee in a jug test results and she said "Oh, they didn't call you?" Nope. She said a normal number is 100 and mine was 124, so it's nothing to be concerned about. And then she spatted off a bunch of big medical words that I couldn't understand and then didn't bother to try and explain anything when I said, "huh?"

I think I'll be happier when I go back in 4 weeks and see one of my normal doctors and hear that my blood pressure is still as low as it should be.

I'm still having my mom check it tonight though...just to make sure.

2 Comments:

At 10:31 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

We never got to see Cohen's face either. Isn't it funny how (at least for us) it felt like the kid knows that there's an ultrasound going on and is being difficult just to be a little brat? Everybody was always saying "oh, he's just shy when it's picture time".

 
At 6:27 PM , Blogger kimberly dorris said...

Well it is good to hear that your blood pressure is back to normal! That sucks that your visit was not very good though. I usually prefer to have the nurse practitioners. I always felt like they took more time and answered more questions, but I only saw one of them the few times I had to see one.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home