Shaunna Faye

Sunday, January 03, 2010

I'm on it.

Crib and mattress are purchased.
Registry is finished.

Martha's room was going to be halfway put together today except Chris started feeling sick (and is still spitting blood from a hockey stick to the face Saturday morning) so we called it a night.

We're using our Lowes gift card to purchase black out blinds, and I'm hoping to find some curtains pretty soon.

We're waiting a few more weeks to save up a little more money and then we'll find a nice dresser/changing table.

After that, all we'll need to do is wait to have baby showers to (hopefully) get a lot of other stuff that we'll need.

All the money that we're able to save between now and baby time will be a nice cushion for the first several months, since you never really know how much you're going to spend on diapers and formula until you need them.

My next Dr. appointment is on the 18th. I'll be doing the nasty glucose test that day.

NYE was interesting. I was able to stay awake until 1:30 AM, which was surprising. I think I'll pass on the crazy parties from now on though. I can't handle people lighting fireworks inside houses and being the only sober person out of 100 people. I was a little concerned for the safety of myself in a situation where people are not entirely clear-headed and explosives are being tossed around haphazzardly.

One awesome thing that came out of NYE was that Chris talked to a couple of our friends that work at a particular company about a job opening. He likes the job he has right now, but there are a lot of perks that this company would offer him (100% paid healthcare, being one). These friends of ours LOVE the job and say that they actually miss not being at work when they take time off. I mean, that's saying something. So, Chris updated his resume and sent it in to the HR department as well as the head honcho mentioning that he was referred by said friends. We're not counting on anything, and like I said...he's perfectly ok at his current job. I just think that the hours, pay, insurance, work environment, among other things would be a welcomed change for him.

2 Comments:

At 3:38 PM , Blogger david.gordon said...

one of 2 sober people!

 
At 6:30 AM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

That's true...you were also sober. But I'm about 99.9% sure that we were the only two.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home