Shaunna Faye

Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas

Christmas was a little different this year. We had 2.5 less people at the traditional Christmas Eve movie, which stunk. And Chris and I didn't make the trip up to Nashville this year, which stunk.

Things change over time. People get busy, etc. It's just a part of life. I know everything can't always stay the same, but it doesn't make it stink less.

We plan on making the trip to Nashville next Christmas for sure. This year, we just wanted to save some gas money and stay at home to relax. I'm not sure how awesome 4.5 hours in a car would have been for me. Back pain, motion sickness, all that fun stuff. Plus, staying at home for several days in a row means I got a lot of rest.

I'm off work again today, but have to run some errands and then get dinner going for a few friends we're having over tonight. Oh, and finish the laundry. Not so relaxing, but I guess it's time to get back to real life.

1 Comments:

At 3:40 PM , Blogger Dad said...

You're absolutely correct. Things do change. Kids grow up, get married, and have their own kids. I realize this is the natural course of events and you guys will rightfully give first priority to your immediate family. But rather than be sad that you may not be spending as much time with the Dorris clan on Christmas day, I'll be happy that you're starting traditions and making memories for the next generation. OK, it sucks just a little bit, but I'll get over it.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home