Shaunna Faye

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

#13

A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough days.

I think anyone that knows me can answer this question. Without a doubt, Conor Oberst (of Bright Eyes, Conor Oberst and the Mystic Valley Band, Monsters of Folk, and others...) got me through my "oh I'm so heartbroken and lonely and emo" years. My love for his music didn't stop after the phase stopped though. I have some of his lyrics tattooed on my ankles ("No Lies" and "Just Love"). I've yet to be disappointed with an album he's put out. In my opinion, his lyrics are what makes him so great. But anyway...some people says he sings like a goat.

I'll never forget the night that I met him at a house party after one of his shows in Athens. It must have been sometime in 2002. My friend Danielle and I were standing outside of the bathroom and he walked up. We talked for a few minutes. Then later on Danielle sat next to him on the floor and took a drink of his Red Stripe beer. She apparently had a little too much beer that night and I ended up driving us home. It was seriously in my top 5 best days of my life so far. If I ever get to meet Randy Travis, that will certainly be in the top 5 too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home