Shaunna Faye

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

#9

Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted.

I've basically drifted from most of my friends. Honestly, I'm only still close with a small handfull of people that I used to be very close with. Like, 5 of them. This goes along with one of my previous posts about how life changes when you move to the suburbs, get married, and have a baby. At this point, I'm just waiting for everyone else to catch up. Most of the people that I used to see like 5 times a week are at a very different place in their lives. So, I'll just chill until they get married and have babies. Then maybe they'll be interested in hanging out with me again. I guess I'm just a boring ol' wife and mom to most of them right now. I think it's hard for some people to understand not wanting to go out all the time. But that's cool. To each his own. I'll just...wait.

I will mention though that my best friend through part of high school and I drifted apart, but reconnected later on. We still don't see each other a ton, but we talk as often as we like and we do have that connection of having a big girl job, a family, and not living in center of the Atlanta action. And we still have that history and get to talk about things that happened a long time ago. So that's nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home