Shaunna Faye

Friday, October 22, 2010

#7

Someone who has made your life worth living for.

I believe that you have to live your life for yourself. So yeah, I don't think there is anyone that has made my life worth living for. Well, that's what I thought until I had Martha. She has made my life a million times more fulfilled/fulfilling. That's not to say I wasn't happy before she came along. That's not the case at all. I was totally happy before her. But having her here now has absolutely made my life worth living in the best way that I can. If nothing else, than for her.

I never understood how a woman pregnant with her second child could be worried that she couldn't love her new baby as much as her first baby, but I totally get it now.

The abundance of love that I have for Martha seems to me that it could not be matched. Of course, whenever I have more kids I'm sure I will love them just as much. It really just is hard to comprehend how it's possible.

And I know this may sound snotty, but I really don't think people without children can understand this level of love. I'm not saying I'm better than someone that doesn't have a child. I'm just saying that it really is incomprehendable until you actually have a child.

5 Comments:

At 7:56 AM , Blogger Daniel D said...

I think I know that level of love you're talking about. For me, it's not a thing in which I'm overwhelmed with emotion at the thought of my son. It's a comfortable love. It's the kind of love that doesn't change whether he's laughing and playing with you or doing everything in his power to piss you off.

 
At 9:23 AM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

I think that mothers and fathers differ slighty as well. Totally not discrediting you at all. Just saying that I think that carrying the baby actually in your body gives us sort of a special connection. So, along with the comfortable love comes a love that makes you go look at them when they're sleeping which I think is definitely a motherly love. I totally relate to a previous blog you wrote too where you said, "His laugh makes me forget everything wrong with the world, and when I hear it, I will do everything in my power to hear it again." The fact that they're happy and you're the one that's making sure they're happy is the best.

 
At 8:22 PM , Blogger Chris said...

Don't ever stop writing. I haven't looked at your blog in a while, but whenever I do I find myself just reading and smilin away. I hope it doesn't creep you out. You should be proud of being able to express yourself the way you do--it's a real talent. I'm proud of you when I read it and I had absolutely nothing to do with it.

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger Shaunna Faye said...

Awe, thanks. Glad to know someone other than Daniel reads this stuff. Ha ha!

 
At 8:47 AM , Blogger Heather Mayberry said...

it's amazing how full our hearts can be and still have room for even more love. and i agree about the motherly love, obviously since i'm not a father. just the pregnancy part of it is overwhelming. everything you put into your body and do to your body is no longer just for you, it's for someone else. they eventually move out of your body but that mentality stays. everything (mostly) is for them. and it's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home