Shaunna Faye

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Juicing



Let me start off by saying that I've never done a "cleanse" or "fast." And all I've ever known of fasting was for religious reasons.

Doing a lot of research after watching the documentary Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, I learned of several reasons for doing a fast/cleanse.

So, Chris and I are doing a 7 day juice cleanse. This means only drinking fresh vegetable and fruit juice for 7 days (and water, of course). We're starting on Sunday the 14th. We've both said that our goal is 7 days, but continuing beyond that is possible if we feel like we want to. Personally, I am scheduled to give blood at work on the 24th, so I'm going to do the 7 days, and then take 3 days to eat again so I won't pass out when they're sucking out all my blood.

It should be interesting since we still have to be around food every day and feed Martha her normal food. I know the temptation to cave will be there. I'm hoping to stay strong and get through the 7 days.

I'm really excited about all the nutrients my body will be getting though. It sounds so cheesy. I'm aware. I just eat so much crap. I'm always moving so slowly, tired, etc. From what I understand...this could be a really good boost for me. I mean, it's inevitable - when you stop eat all the crap and replace it with tons of fruits and vegetables, it has to do something good. So, we'll see!

I'm also hoping that the juice combinations that we learn to make are tasty enough that Martha will like them too. It would be really nice to get some veggies in her diet. She's not the healthiest eater, which is our fault, I know.

We're going out Friday night for our last yummy meal. I'm craving guacamole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home