Shaunna Faye

Monday, August 15, 2011

Yuck

Ok, scratch that juicing thing. The first taste I had tasted like grass. Pure lawn. I couldn't get the taste and smell to go away all of Saturday night and well into Sunday morning. I even tried making my own juice that was less grassy and more sweet, but then it was too sweet and made my stomach hurt. I played around with the recipes and absolutely could not find a tolerable tasting juice that I could drink more than 2 or 3 sips of. HORRIBLE.

So, it was a nice thought and good effort, but the juicing thing just isn't happening. We've got a ton of kale and spinach now though, so we'll be eating a lot of salads. I'm going to make a kale soup too. One that Cyndi made once when all 6 of us were living at my parents house. It was delicious.

Oh, and I'll probably make some roasted carrots...or this "carrot fries" recipe that I found too. We have 2 whole bags of carrots left. All these fruits and veggies won't go to waste. We'll just eat them instead of drink them. And I'm ok with that.

I lost 3 pounds from the stomach bug from hell a little over a week ago, and then somehow lost 2 more pounds since then and managed to not gain it all back yet. So that's a start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home