Shaunna Faye

Monday, April 23, 2012

Second Trimester

I'm 13 weeks along now and I'm AMAZED at the lack of nausea I've been experiencing the past few days. It's almost non-existent. C-razy! I had another ultrasound done at my visit last week and the cyst on my ovary is still there. Same size as before, 3.9 cm. They said it's not big enough to cause any problems and they wouldn't try to do anything about it unless it was 9-10 cm. They're going to do another ultrasound at the next visit at 16 weeks to check on it again. I suppose it'll either go away on it's own or stay there and hopefully not cause any problems and who knows what will happen after I have the baby. Funny how something always come up that causes me to get WAY more ultrasounds than I'm supposed to. I saw the dude move around on the screen at this last visit. I told Chris afterward that I forgot that they move around so early. I was still expecting to see a motionless bean shaped thing. But at 12 weeks, it's beginning to look more like a baby than a bean. And he was dancing around in there. I can't wait to see that again next time. I might let Chris come with me next time so he can see it too. Usually I don't let him come cause it's boring stuff that wouldn't matter if he's there or not. He only needs to be at the important appointments. We're going to a 3D ultrasound place to get the gender determination done right before I'm 17 weeks (May 19th). We did the same thing with Martha. My mom doesn't know why I can't just wait until my Doctor's office tells us at 20 weeks. See, I'm a MAJOR planner. I need to know as much information as early as possible so I can be overly prepared. The sooner I can start working on the nursery and buying cute baby boy clothes, the better. Plus, there are a lot of gender neutral clothes that Martha wore when she was younger, so there's about a BILLION tubs of clothes and baby things in the garage that I will need to go through. It's literally going to take me a month to that that part alone. I think we (and by "we" I mean "Chris") are going to re-paint Martha's room whenever we paint the new baby's room in a few months. I want to do her room a really pale yellow. We're going to switch her to a big girl bed late this summer, so I figured a nice, new color scheme would be fun too. We had Martha's 2nd birthday party yesterday. I kept it super small this year. Just family and the Gordon's. Kelli couldn't make it because her Mom is having surgery tomorrow in Macon and she's crazy busy and stressed driving back and forth and everything. Martha LOVES LOVES LOVES the microphone that Brent and Cyndi got her. She sang and danced for everyone. I NEVER would have done that for a group of people at 2 years old. Whose kid is this?! She got so many other awesome toys and clothes. She'll be playing hockey and tee-ball after we put the stuff together. It was a great, but tiring weekend. It's nice to get back to a regular schedule this week and not worry about the house being clean or doing random projects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home